Italy / Greece - July 5

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Acropolis was Awesome!

Hello!
So yesterday was fun. It's always interesting to try to dance without sleeping for 24 hours. But the Greek dancing was awesome to learn, and I hope I will remember it for when I get home.
This morning after I eventually woke up, we went to the Acropolis. We did a lot of walking, too, which I am really not used to. All that walking was so worth it because everything was beautiful. The view, the architecture -- absolutely amazing. The history behind it was good to know, also. After we visisted that, we went shopping in the Plaka, the Athens marketplace. I bought a few things, and seeing the shopping place was cool.
I will be blogging again tomorrow night to tell you about things.
-- Alyssa

13 comments:

  1. Hey ALyssa. Sounds like you put in a really full day, but an awesome one. We watched a video of you Greek dancing, it was so cute! and the pictures of the Acropolis were beautiful. Dad keeps missing your phone calls and is not very happy! you know him "EXCUSE ME!" lol. enjoy every minute of every day. We love and miss you

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, buy me anything ?
    come home.
    bye.
    -jackiaaayayayawyy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had a great day! I want you to come home! The house isn't the same without you. But I get it, you're having the time of your life! I miss you, and love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still miss my IPOD - haha. glad you had a good day. what did you buy?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mom keeps filling us in on your where a bouts and adventures. Everything sound wonderful. We love you our angel baby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lyss, glad you're having fun! Pa wouldn't like all that walking haha. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uncle D. can't figure this AIM thing out yet, so he asked me to tell you that he's still waiting for his ticket to join you in Italy! oy, crazy family we have! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the updates - keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Figured it out - sort of - have fun. wish I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. bella Alyssa! so proud of you - love you - gramma

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. L Kelly said...
    ALYYYYYYYYYYYSA!!! It's nice to know I can finally visit Italy and Greece... through YOU!!! lol What an awesome gift your parents have given you- enjoy EVERY minute of it and yeah go ahead... shop on their dime- cuz unfortunately the next time you travel abroad it will most likely be on YOUR dime!!! Live it up girlfriend!!!
    The Kellys miss you

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Alyssa, I'm so happy you're experiencing this incredible trip. Savor every moment. And you know what I'm going to say next...take lots of pictures !!! LOL Love you!!

    ReplyDelete

Programs Details

Duration 15 days
When July 5 - 19, 2010
Focus Conservation Biology
History/Culture
Earth Science/Volcanology