Italy / Greece - July 5

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Rafting Rocked! Read the comments, then watch the video below!

Cara B.

Ever since I was little I've always wanted to come to Italy and do something adventurous. White water rafting was something unforgettable and amazingly especially because I was in a raft with 4 of my best friends. Today couldn't get any better between going down intense water rapids and being able to jump out of our raft and go swimming in the Lao river. I could honestly say today was one of the funnest days of my life and I hope to do it again really soon. I will remember everything about today and share these memories for the rest of my life!

Nicole P.

Today was an absolute blast! White water rafting has officially declared this trip an adventure! The night before, I was soooo afraid of the raft tipping over and falling into the water or smashing up against a rock, but after experiencing it I can't wait to go again! One of the reasons I had so much fun is because our instructor was great! He was funny and really nice, he showed us exactly how to hold the paddle and what to do when the raft gets caught up on a rock and how to prevent tipping over.I was sad when we got to the end of the rapids and gave our last paddle high-five. I will remember this adventure forever and I cant wait to go mountain biking!

Alyssa T.

Yesterday, we got to Italy via ferry. I was so excited to go because I've always wanted to go, and who wouldn't want to go to Italy? Today, we went white water rafting, and it was very interesting and fun. At first I was nervous because I've only gone once before, and the water seenmed rough. But after we got through the first few rapids and looked at the beautiful scene in front of us, I relaxed and enjoyed it. It was so much fun, and I hope I will be able to do it again someday.

Toni V.

I would never of thought that I would be visiting Italy and I am completely thrilled that i got the opportunity to do so, especially white water rafting and it was crazy. I've always wanted to do it and it was finally accomplished. It was scary at first but, I learned you need to go big or go home!

Anita H.

Today we went white water rafting in italy. At first I was pretty nervous to go but then when I got in the raft I started havin so much fun. We got splashed with the water when we went down the rougher parts and we crashed into the rocks and we all fell into each other. It was a really good experience and I'm glad I got the chance to do it.

Niko H.

Today when we were in Italy we went white water rafting it wasn't any thing new to me, but there was some part that scared me. But it was a blast!

Anna P.

Today was probably the biggest adventure we have went on yet. In the beginning we weren't quite used to paddling, or working together but as time went on, and the rapids got bigger we stepped up our game. The best part of this was probably when my raft got stuck inbetween two rocks and our instructor called out, "high-side left,"which meant we all had to get to the left side so the raft wouldn't flip over. Water got everywhere and we were all laughing and having a great time. Jimbo got it on tape, and Lyndsey even fell out, but I'll let her tell you about that! This was an experience of a lifetime that I definetely want to do again.

Alexa S.

White water rafting was probably one of the most exciting things I have ever done! On my raft was Anna, Cara, Lyndsey, Danielle, and Jimbo. The most memorable experience on this rafting adventure was definitley when our instrustor let all of us jump onto the Lao River to swim and float around! It was so great! We were all laughing and doing silly things for Jimbo to record and all of a suden there was a drop! We all went down and our backs hit into a few rocks! It was so great because nobody expected it and Jimbo got it all on tape! It was an amazing day which I will never forget!

Lyndsey C.

Today was the most fun of them all! White water rafting was beyond exhilerating! I was very scared in the beginning but then I got much more used to it. Unfortunately, during one of the more intense parts, a branch got stuck on my face and flung me out of the raft! Since I was comfortable with my instructor, I didn't even panic! It was actually fun! Luckily, Jimbo was there to save the day to pull me back in. I'm left with a swollen face, but it was well worth the fun! I can't wait to do it again in the near future!

Danielle C.

My friends and I have been counting down the days until our rafting adventures for months with very high expectations. I begun to fear my expections were a little bit too high, but I learned today how wrong I was. Between the adrenaline rushing and the sound of the raft bouncing against the water this experience is truly an unforgetable one. I am so lucky to have shared it with my bestfriends and Jimbo, of course! I hope mountain biking is as adventurous and EXTREME!

Mrs. Rizzo Troxell

Words cannot explain Italy...it is an awe-inspiring experience that unites culture, tradition, my own family history and GREAT eating! Not only did we discover Italy, but new friends and relationships...Tomorrow we are going on the adventure I've been waiting for...mountain biking!! Although I do have a "bucket list" my plate is full with Italy, the teachers and the students smiles:)

7 comments:

  1. Wow, Alyssa, you were right when you said you had a BLAST rafting. It looked so awesome. Keep smiling:) love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - love hearing the words from the kids about what they are experiencing! This is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lady's, you are simply amazing. it sounds like all of you realize that you are in the middle of an experience of a life time.

    Lex, we miss you and are so glad you are having a great time.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't tell you how happy I am to hear that you guys are having such an amazing experience. The white water rafting looked amazing..... Mom Scotto xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you enjoy classic adventures that the world has to offer, then you must put River Rafting adventures on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mom said OMG thru the whole video, then when the boat flipped. You don't want to know.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a good thing that you've fulfilled one of the things you wanted to do, right? It's true that rafting rocks. Just the thought of running through the rapids can give you one of the best adventures of your lifetime. So I won't be surprised if all of you find this an unforgettable experience.

    David Deland

    ReplyDelete

Programs Details

Duration 15 days
When July 5 - 19, 2010
Focus Conservation Biology
History/Culture
Earth Science/Volcanology